TENDER NO. ME-O24/2016-2017/HQ/C/19 FOR PROVISION OF CONSULTANCY FOR DEVELOPMENT OF EDUCATION SUB-SECTOR QUALITY ASSURANCE FRAMEWORK SYSTEM
In order to improve the quality of education at all levels, there is a need to periodically revisit the Basic Education Sub-Sector Quality Assurance System (BESQAS) with the aim of ensuring that education quality aspects are clearly taken into consideration in planning, implementation, monitoring and Evaluation of education provision.
Objective of the assignment
Is to develop a Basic Education Sub-Sector School Quality Assurance Framework (BESQAF) that clearly underpins and defines the Education Sector Quality Assurance System.
Scope of Assignment
The scope of work includes the following activities:
- Background to the Assignment;
- Objectives of the exercise and Expected Outputs;
- Tasks to be undertaken along with a Detailed Work Plan and Schedule of activities;
- Methodology for undertaking the SITAN, key tools/Instruments and outline of the report;
- Methodology for development of the Basic Education Sub-Sector School Quality Assurance Framework
- The process for Monitoring and approval at different levels of the exercise;
- Major documents to be reviewed; and
- List of Key Stakeholders expected to provide inputs;
- A Situational Analysis (SITAN) report on the current Basic Education Sub-Sector School Quality Assurance Framework (BESQAF ;)
- Submission of the Basic Education Sub-Sector School Quality Assurance Framework
A short list on PASS or FAIL basis will be prepared by assessing the submissions in a competence of the applicant, based on the criteria mentioned in the Document.
Required Education and other qualifications
The Consultant should have:
- A minimum of a Master’s Degree in fields/areas that are directly relevant to this assignment;
- Direct knowledge and experience on development of Education Quality Assurance Frameworks in East Africa or in any one of the Sub-Saharan Countries;
- A minimum work experience of 5 years directly relevant to the assignment;
- A track record of quality outputs in implementation of similar tasks;
- Experience and/or knowledge of the Tanzania Education Structure;
- Proven experience in undertaking similar task for a variety of clients such as Governments, NGOs, Private Sector and Civil Society;
- Excellent command of English and
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills and report writing skills.
Place, Date and Time of Opening
The Documents for Expression of Interest submitted to the above address shall be opened publicly in the 1st Floor, Conference Room, Ministry of Education, Science and Technology Headquarters Building located at 7 Magogoni Street, 11479,Dar es Salaam, Tanzania.at 1130 hours local time on Wednesday 21st September, 2016 Submission shall be strictly be one original plus three copies.
Late submitted documents, portion of Tenders, electronic Tenders, Tenders not opened and not read out in public at the date of opening ceremony shall not be accepted for evaluation irrespective of the circumstances.
MINISTRY OF EDUCATION, SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY