If you still wondering how to do it, here are five regulations you need to make in your lifestyle to enable your biological body clock to fall back into rhythm.
1. Analyze your circadian rhythms: Before you make any change in your schedule, examine your circadian rhythms of 24 hours that affect you directly. This also influences secretion of hormones and maintains body temperature. When you watch TV or stay awake till the wee hours of night, the natural circadian rhythm gets affected. Excessive use of mobile phones also disrupts circadian rhythms.
2. Maintain a diary to study your sleep patterns: You need to know at what time do you generally sleep and wake up in the morning? Do you sleep for 7-8 hours every day? If not, correct it. Suppose you want to wake up at 5 a.m., you need to sleep maximum by 9:30 pm so that you can at least sleep for 7 hours. You cannot suddenly develop this habit. Try to sleep by 10:30 p.m. then 10:15 p.m., and so on.
3. Follow the new schedule on weekends: You cannot risk waking up one morning suddenly without an alarm clock. You might get up late, so start following the new schedule on weekends or holidays so that it lets you adjust to new schedule. Arranging your bedroom according to your new schedule is also important. You should keep your curtains slightly open so that sunlight helps you wake up.
4. Convince your brain that you need to wake by a specific time: Before you sleep every day, you need to remind your brain that you have to complete certain tasks or reach office at time, that's why you need to get up by a specific time. Your mind wants a reason, so you better provide one. The reason should be compelling and important so that you understand why it vital for you to wake up early.
5. Turn it into a habit: You need to repeat this activity at least for 2 or 3 weeks without an alarm clock till your subconscious mind learns that waking up early is an important daily activity. When your mind sees you doing this every day for a few weeks, it'll come to believe that it is now your routine and will start triggering this behavior automatically. A day will come when you have nothing to convince to your brain and it will become natural for you to wake up early on your own.