The topic for the year 2016 is “Transformation of Natural Endowment and Improved Human Capital will accelerate industrialisation in SADC Economies”.
The competition is open to students in Form 1 to 6 who are required to write essays between 1000 – 2000 words. The students are required to begin researching on the topic prior writing and submitting to their Heads of Schools by 5thApril, 2016.
The Heads of School will then be expected to constitute a marking panel which will choose best essay of the school. The panel should go through the essays (Please do not mark the essays) and choose the three best essays to be submitted to Permanent Secretary Ministry of Education, Science, Technology and Vocation by 15thApril, 2016.
Following are the guidelines for essay writing competition
- The essay should not be longer than 2000 words and not shorter than 1000 words.
- Where students have access to computers, they are advised to type their essays and submit both the soft and hard copies.
- Students who will type their essays will have to sign and initial the hard copies to make sure that they have not been altered.
- The essay should be written in English language.
- The front page or cover page will display the name, sex, class, school address and stamp, Headmistress/Headmaster’s email address, signature and phone number, region, country.
- The title of the essay should be written on the cover page (students should not paraphrase the title)
- The handwritten essays will be written on one side of the A4 paper with double margin of two centimeters.